Just thought I'd shout out a quick thanks to everyone of my readers - you - for making the work of blogging quite enjoyable. We reached 200,000 visitors on Saturday last week after 13 months of activity here.
To summarize some observations about the traffic on the blog:
- We get a lot of traffic mid-day during most people's lunch break I assume.
- Most visitors (50%+) use the most common local ISPs - Shawcable and TELUS to visit the blog.
- We also get lots of traffic from financial institutions (RBC, Vancity, TD, etc)
- We also get lots of traffic from Government and school domains and (gc.ca, gov.bc.ca, ubc.ca, bcit.ca)
- Other corporate domains are common as well
- 650 visits per day
- Average visit length of 3 minutes
- It seems that the majority of visitors come direct to the blog without a referral
- Referrals from other local blogs is the next most common way people get here
- Google search results cause an increasing number of visits - especially in the last month or so