Providing Thoughtful Analysis on the Housing Market
Have a well deserved break. Thanks for all you do
Well said deb,Thank you so much. Have a good break!
Happy Thanksgiving to you to Mohican! Your blog is very much appreciated.
The editorial in today's Sun is a major turning point in the MSM perspective: http://tinyurl.com/2qzaohInteresting that some of the editorial's perspectives mirror those proffered by this and other RE blogs.
But it still gives a round to the "dumb rich foreigners" fallacy. Market prices are driven by the least able buyers, not the most able. That's the 40 year mortgage-down payment on the Visa crowd. When they run out, the market will turn.Even if 99% of the buyers were deep pockets - and we know they're not - they would not set the market price. If the other 1% were unwilling to pay more than rent equivalence, that's what the price would be.
Yes, the author has definitely read the local blogs.But it still gives a round to the "dumb rich foreigners" fallacy. Not sure if it does. We are all wondering who the heck bought in the past few months at prevailing prices. It was just a roundup of the ususal suspects.
House prices fall at the fastest rate in two yearsMiami? No - the UK!But but but... what about Madonna and Claudia Schiffer and the rich Arabs and Russians and all those Poles....And I thought they had run out of land too.
While you wait for mohican's returnhttp://fishre.blogspot.com/
I'm new to this blog, I have a question and someone suggested I try here. My mother wants to invest what little extra money she has in US$ because the CAN$ is relatively strong right now. I think this is a bad idea because the US$ is falling and I think will likely fall further, but she and I both know I don't know much about it. I am not looking for investment advice but I am worried she is making a mistake and I would like to hear your opinions about this either for or against. Can anyone give me some reasons she should not do this? Or if you disagree, why she should? Thanks.
Post a Comment